Aims and Objectives
The general aim of the Finnish Heart and Lung Association is to strengthen the bond between Finnish transplant recipients. Other objectives are:
· to provide support, help and information to all heart and lung transplant recipients and their families, pre-and post-operation
· to improve living conditions for people with heart and lung diseases
· to establish better facilities and conditions for all aspects of cardiothoracic transplantation by co-operating with the medical unit of Helsinki University Central Hospital and other hospitals
· to support scientific research in the field of organ transplantation
· to promote the general awareness of heart and lung transplantation through collecting and distributing information on heart and lung diseases and transplantation.